LocWeb solicits submissions under the main theme of Web-scale Location-Aware Information Access. Subtopics include (i) geospatial semantics, systems, and standards; (ii) large-scale geospatial and geo-social ecosystems; (iii) mobility; (iv) location in the Web of Things; and (v) mining and searching geospatial data on the Web. The workshop encourages work describing Web-mediated or Web-scale approaches that build on reliable foundations, and that thoroughly understand and embrace the geospatial dimension.
Topics of Interest
- Location-Aware Information Access
- Location-Aware Web-Scale Systems and Services
- Location in the Internet/Web of Things
- Large-scale Geospatial Ecosystems
- Standards for Location and Mobility Data
- Geospatial aspects of Smart Cities
- Location in Unstructured and Semi-Structured Information Sources
- Location Semantics
- Modeling Location and Location Interaction
- Geo-Social Media and Systems
- Location-Based Social Networks
- Geospatial Web Search and Mining
- Visual Analytics of Geospatial Data on the Web
- Location-Based Recommendation
- Mobile Search and Recommendation
We solicit full papers of up to 6 pages, and short papers of up to 4 pages describing work-in-progress or early results. Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished research that is not being considered for publication in any other forum.
Workshop submissions will be evaluated based on the quality of the work, originality, match to the workshop themes, technical merit, and their potential to inspire interesting discussions. The review process is single blind, so please provide your name and affiliation.
Manuscripts should be formatted using the ACM camera-ready templates (http://www2017.com.au/call-for-papers/) and submitted in PDF format to EasyChair at https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=locweb2017
Update: Please note that the proceedings still need to use the old ACM template, not the new one.
Accepted workshop papers will be published in the WWW companion proceedings and will be available from the ACM Digital Library. These may be regarded as prior publications by other conferences or journals.
IW3C2 will hold copyright in the Proceedings and in the individual articles and will grant the public permission to the articles under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license (CC-BY 4.0). (https://www2018.thewebconf.org/call-for-papers/#copyright)
For inclusion in the proceedings, at least one author of the accepted paper has to register for the workshop and present the paper.
Presenters are encouraged to bring demos to the workshop, to facilitate discussion, make the workshop more interactive, and contribute to the ‘Festival of the Web’.